This morning, the kids and I were doing our morning devotion. Actually, I was sharing with them what I read in my personal devotion. It had reminded me of a similiar situation on my own life. I wanted to share with the kids how God had amazingly worked out that situation. That situation involved Lucas' birth and homecoming to our family.
Each of my children have such an awesome story of how God brought them into our family. We are very open about the adoptions and the difficult time I had miscarrying and then getting pregnant with Noah. Each story is just an example of God's love and timing because we had major difficulties and conflicts with each addition.
Because we are so open, I am not sure how this 'revelation' was so long in coming. The kids are listening to me as I share the scripture in my devotion. I then start telling Lucas' story. I start at the beginning of when God told me his bio mom was pregnant again. It was a Sunday morning before church. When we got to church, she was waiting out on the front steps to share the news. I stole her thunder because the first thing I said was "You are pregnant, aren't you?" She said "yes" and that she wanted us to have him.
As I tried to move on in the story, Noah kept interrupting in amazement. He's seven now. " Mama, do you mean you didn't have Lucas in your stomach? He is P's child?!"
I said, " No, he is my child. I did not carry him in my tummy but I brought him home from the hospital and raised him."
Noah: " Lucas, this means you are adopted! Did you know you are adopted?"
Lucas, smiling: " Yes, Noah, I knew."
Wow, Noah really did not know. All he knew was that Lucas is his brother. The end of story.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Isn't it amazing when you find out what your children have been thinking all along? Atticus, age 6, is constantly asking me how old he was when I adopted him. And he told his best friend that when our boys come home, we would only speak Creole and not English (hence the reason we were studying).
What a charming story of your two boys--it will have to be shared at least during one of their weddings ;)
What a precious story.
That is so cute!
Post a Comment