My treadmill is my friend. I tell myself that all the time. I am faithful to our relationship but to spend time with this particular friend I have to be distracted.
My husband put a shelf up in front of the treadmill so I can watch movies on a portable dvd player. It made a world of difference in my dedication to my health. We have shelves full of movies. Granted the majority are vhs tapes but we do have a good many dvds.
I have watched them all. I have borrowed most of my sister's. My kids know I am getting desperate when they find me watching "Finding Nemo" again.
I love Christmas movies all year round. This week I started watching " The Christmas Child". Excellent movie even if the acting is a little hokey. If you haven't watched it - it's a movie about a man who is adopted and trying to find out about his birth family. Stephen Curtis Chapman is one of the actors. I admit to being a cryer but as I got to the end today, I got to thinking about SCC and him tragically losing his little girl Maria recently. I'm wiping tears and hoping Noah doesn't come back in the room to see if I am about ready to come fix breakfast.
I decided to torture myself more and watched the sweet music video on the end of the disc. It's called "When Love Takes You In". It's all about international adoption. So precious! What a sweet song and an incredibly loving family the Chapmans are. Please continue to remember them in prayer.
Good bye treadmill until Monday. Maybe our time together next week could be shared over a much lighter movie?
Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment