My kids have been gone for almost 3 weeks. That's the longest they've ever been away from home. Lexi has phoned every day. The boys have been more sporadic in keeping in touch.
They have had a blast, as they knew they would. I kept saying before they left that I thought 3 weeks was too long. No one would listen. On Sunday, S spoke with each one of them and they kept saying " I am having a lot of fun but I am ready to come home - but I am having fun." They love Uncle B and Aunt J dearly but they miss Mom, Dad, and Noah - and our home routine.
Noah has been camped out in our room since his shared room seems too big and empty. He has missed all the teasing and companionship of his siblings.
I have still not adjusted to making smaller meals. The bigger boys are bottomless pits so we rarely have leftovers no matter how much I make. The table seems so empty. I hate seeing their empty chairs.
We actually have been ready for church early each week in their absence. Lexi takes forever with her hair and she and Caleb try on a dozen outfits before making a decision. Lucas has no pride yet so I have to send him back to put something decent on. We got there early but I kept looking around after church when I couldn't find them and it would hit me they aren't here.
I had all these plans, things I thought I could actually get accomplished without all the distraction. Where did the time go? I got maybe 25% of those things done.
I don't even care, though. My babies are coming home!
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment