Tuesday, July 22, 2008

As I sit here typing, my babies(chi puppies) are snoozing in my lap. I call them my tinies. They are the smallest puppies I have had. They are charting out on their weight charts to be 2-3 lbs when grown. I am actually hoping for a growth spurt for the 2 smaller ones that they mature out at 3 lbs too. They are just precious!
It has been a while since we've had babies so I had forgotten just how much they sleep. Finally when they turned 3 weeks old they started moving more and making noises. They are now holding their heads up pretty good and creeping around. Yesterday, at 25 days old, I introduced bought puppy milk in a saucer. It took a little bit of coaxing but they liked it. This morning when "mama" went out I tried it again. They loved it! It's amazing how little it took to fill up those tiny bellies.
I put them back in their bed so I could check my email and they all cried. I put them in my lap in a pile and they're all content. So sweet!
We have dial up and it's so difficult to add pictures but I will try to share some later. I'll have to clean up their milky faces first.
We had a great weekend. We had a cook-out with my sister's family next door after church. We do that quite often with pretty much the same menu. I decided to vary things up a little. Potato salad is one of the regulars on the menu which I love. Ruby Tuesdays makes an incredible baked potato salad which is on their salad bar. I thought -hmm I can do that. It's been a while since I have eaten there but this is my version:

Baked Potato Salad
9 large potatoes, baked, cooled, peeled
3/4 cup mayo
1/4 sour cream
1/2 pd bacon,cooked, crumbled - we use turkey bacon
salt to taste

Mix it all together, chill and devour. We loved it. It is a nice change from the norm.

No comments: