Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Summer is truly in full swing. The grass is crunchy and dry. We have had no real rain for at least 3 weeks. My garden is drying up prematurely no matter how much chlorinated water I spray on it. We are trucking water out to the orchard for some of the trees we planted this year. We have been close to the 100 degree mark all week.
Thank goodness we are doing school so the kids are not wanting to be out in the heat of the day.
I have a summer cold. Ughh! I know everyone is tired of hearing me hack and cough and sneeze and blow.
I am concerned about my "tinies". They have not gained weight for almost a week. Not good. I think Tigerlily may not have enough milk anymore. I had already started supplementing some with bought puppy milk. I will start today feeding them more often. Hopefully in a few days they will start eating wet puppy food. We've laughed at how they climb right the saucer with all fours. They slip and slide but keep eating.
My mama hen, Buttercup, wants to set every year whether we have a rooster on premises or not. This year we did not but when I discovered what she was doing, I slipped her some "good" eggs from next door. Unfortunately, she gave up a few days before the eggs had matured. When I saw she was no longer sitting on them - they were cold for a day or two. Morbid curiosity caused me to check them out when I disposed of them. So sad. If I had realized sooner she was not sitting I would have brought them in and tried to do it myself with a lamp.
I ordered some round cut loofahs. Someone requested a loofah soap like she saw at Cracker Barrel. I got them this week so I am going to create a new soap for Leanne's...naturally. I'll post a picture when they are done.

No comments: