Friday, December 28, 2007
Today started out as one of those rare lazy rainy no school days when all of the dogs slept late so I got to sleep in. In turn, the kids got to sleep in too. I got up in a lull in the rain to let the dogs out and then back in with a snack and a promise of breakfast in a little while. I went back to bed with the portable dvd player to have a movie-a-thon. The kids eventually got up and I directed them to some bagels and cream cheese which I partook of in my bed and pj's. After all the animals had their breakfast, the kids lounged around watching movies in the livingroom or enjoyed their christmas gifts. Noah ran out in his rainboots to play in puddles each time the sun tried to come out. I got up later and fixed a quick lunch of tuna salad sandwiches and chips and bean dip which I also took back to my bed and movie-a-thon. Ahhh! Everything was going so well. We live on top of a mountain in the country. Down in the valley is a weather warning siren which we can hear in the distance. It started blasting. It didn't look dangerous outside so I just blew it off. Then S calls from work to let me know we need to turn on the tv to check the weather - we are under a tornado warning. Oh, man! There goes our lazy peaceful day. I call my sister who lives next door. She suggested we come next door and sit in their basement with them. The weather man said we had about 25 minutes before the storm would be on top of our area. I went into high gear and ordered the kids to at least brush their teeth and hair before rushing next door. We gathered up all the dogs, of course we couldn't leave them. Noah was worried about the goats, chickens, and outside cats. I explained we would just have to pray for their safety because we could not bring them with us into Aunt G's. Lexi was concerned about taking valuables like her cash from Christmas and her new Puma tennis shoes. Caleb and Lucas, I think, were actually hoping we would see some bad weather to make our little exodus worthwhile. Fortunately, the worst of it blew over pretty quickly and we were able to come back home. All in all it was a good day - the kind we don't indulge in very often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment