Friday, December 7, 2007

The last couple of months Noah has been going through this phase where he is drawing constantly. His little hands are covered with marker all the time. He slowed down for a couple of weeks where his interest was more in writing short stories. He wrote a story about "The Jolly Green Giant" - you know on the can of vegatables at the grocery store. He is young enough to still wonder if he could possibly be real. He decided to pull a prank on his dad. He wrote a letter to his dad pretending to be what he calls "Jolly the Giant". Jolly was telling S about a mishap he had had on his farm and requested S come and help him work. Noah put it in an envelope and gave it to S when he got home from work on night. S, of course, went along with it and acted amazed. Noah thought he had really put one over on his dad. A couple of days later Noah ran out to get the mail. My kids all race to the mailbox like they are expecting something wonderful. Anyway, Noah had a piece of mail. He opened it and I helped him read it. It was a letter from Mr. Green Beans, a friend of the Jolly Green Giant! In the letter, Mr.G.B. knew all about Jolly's problems on the farm. Noah's eyes were huge and he was totally baffled. I could read his mind. It was hilarious! Mr. Green Beans requested Noah write to him. Noah promptly did and sent the letter with his dad to mail from the office. S has a plan. It will be interesting to see where this relationship goes.

3 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Hi. I ran across your blog by following your comment on someone else's blog. I love your family picture. You look & sound like you have a very interesting life!

Not Betty Crocker said...

I love this story...so cute!

Dawn said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I read through a little of your blog and have you bookmarked. I'm sorry for the heartache you've been through and pray that your daughter will come home. Haiti definitely has a strong-hold over it.
d