Saturday, December 15, 2007

Still no news on the adoption front. Several moms are making trips between today and the first of the year. One mom arrived today - "Zabboo". She has offered to ask about our file and get pictures. It has been almost 4 weeks since we accepted Baby Girl's referral. Marie wants to go quickly with us because of our situation and the possible law changes so I'm not sure what the hold-up is.

One of the moms from our adoption support group received sad news this week about her little girl. The birthmom changed her mind. This is the second referral they have lost. Unfortunately, they had visited this little girl and had fallen in love with her already. I am so sorry for them - I know their pain. Because of this happening this week, it has made me a little nervous that maybe there is a hold-up with Baby Girl's paperwork. Zabboo will hopefully be able to set my mind at ease.

I made a soap delivery the other day to one of my fellow homeschool moms. She asked me about our adoption. I briefly explained our situation. She asked me what our new little girl's name is. When I told her she said she had heard of that before and she asked if I knew the meaning. It's such an unusual name I did not think about looking for the meaning. She very sweetly sent me this email:

I knew I had heard that name before. It is the name of the sixth son of Jacob and a tribe in Revelation 7:6. In the King James version it is spelled Nephtalim, but in the NIV spelled Naphtali. It means "My struggle" in Hebrew. The tribe eventually inhabited one of the most fertile and important parts of Isreal. I see a possible analogy here, do you? Hope you enjoy the knowledge, I am a big fan of name meanings because they were so important in Biblical times and I really think they are today, too. I'm not sure why I feel that way.

She also sent me the info. from Wikipedia. There was a good bit in there, too. We had already decided whoever we adopt we will keep her Haitian name as their middle name. We would like to choose her first name as we have all of our other children. We have chosen names with each of our referrals. Name choosing is very difficult so at this point we will probably wait until things are more final to choose a first name for our new little girl.

3 comments:

Not Betty Crocker said...

I love the meaning of her name.

We're doing the same thing...keeping their Haitian names as their middle names and we came up with their first names.

I hope you hear something soon about your girl and where your file is.

Kathy Cassel said...

Names are so important. I've read several posts lately among adoptive parents on whether or not they were keeping the birth names. Like you, we are keeping ours as middle names.

Marta said...

Here's to hoping you will soon find out everything you need to know about your little girl. That was very thoughtful of your friend to find that information for you. I love it!