Saturday, December 1, 2007

Nine months ago today. We sent in our commitment money to Haiti for Kaflaure. We went into high gear to get our dossier complete and sent to Marie. Now here we are, nine months later, still at the beginning and hoping to get into IBESR anyday with our 4th referral. The estimate wait from this point is still another year from this point. I am really almost numb at this point. It just seems too far away for us to even believe it will actually happen. Okay, I am done whining.

We put our Christmas tree up last night. It had been waiting in the garage for a week. Lexi and I made cookies and hot chocolate. S made us a cd of our favorite holiday songs off of itunes. The house looks so festive and the tree smells wonderful. We have a traditional memory tree. Every ornament is like welcoming home an old friend. We have lots of handmade ornaments that we have made over the years. I love to find or make ornaments that hold pictures. We also started a tradition several years ago that every year we all pick out a new ornament. It's always interesting to see what everyone chooses. Mine this year is fluffy angel wings that remind me of the angel portrait we had made of Noah when he was a baby. Lexi's is a cow sitting on a barn - she loves cows. Last year it was horses. When the kids move out, we will give them a box of their special ornaments to decorate their tree. We have several packed containers of Christmasy items that were brought out. My favorites are snowmen, red birds, and candles so we have lots of that stuff. One of the kids usually surprise me with something new for our collection. The boys have strung lights all around their room. You could land a plane in there.
I picked up stuff at Hobby Lobby to make an ornament for Baby Girl. My hope is that when it unpacked next year she will be the one putting it on the tree. Unrealistic? I hope not.

3 comments:

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

I am sorry for your rocky start in this adoption journey. I wish sometimes we had the answers to questions, but it seems they don't come until "it", whatever it is is over and then it all makes snese. I have a feeling that once your daughter is home from Haiti , she will be the perfect for for your family.

I LOVE reading about your traditions!!

Aves

Marta said...

Oh, it just hurts my heart thinking about your struggles with this adoption. Thank you for your honesty, no one can be strong all the time. When I get like this (about anything) I try to remember that the Lord is faithful....because I forget that more than I would like to admit.

I pray that the process, for everyone's sake, gains some speed!

Natalie said...

Praying that it will be so!