Monday, August 11, 2008

Yardsale Finds!

I know that everyone has been sitting on the edge of their seats waiting to hear about all the wonderful bargains I found this past weekend. Well, I will indulge you or maybe you will indulge me...
I mentioned looking for our baby girl a few things for my visit in December. I am guessing at sizes based on some info last Christmas from some visiting moms. She measures up the same as my little niece. Here are a few of the cute like new outfits I found:


I just love seersucker material on little girls!


Adorable dresses!


You can't really tell but both of these outfits have the cutest little green frogs on them.


We were out until lunch on the first day. I took the boys to do some shopping. Noah found a batman figure he doesn't own and a spiderman playstation 2 game. Lucas found some sports playstation 2 game. Caleb spent his money on new knives for himself and Lucas. I had to put my foot down on the machetti type knife he was looking at, though.
It started to rain so we headed for home.
Day 2 and 3. No rain, slight breeze, blazingly hot, lots of people.
In addition to the cute outfits above, I found several other cute clothes for my girl. I also got her a minnie mouse tea set, a pretty red/white checked sleeping bag, some educational toys, and a few books.
For S - a beautiful cherry wood shoe rack to replace the plastic thingy in our closet.
For Lexi- several "name brand" shirts, several with the tags still on them.

Miscellaneous goodies:
a wire rack on wheels to organize Noah's neverending school supplies
new in the packages accessories to go with our christmas village
a whirly pop - comes from Cracker Barrel that you make your own kettle corn in- woo hoo!
baby blankets for my puppies
stack of wonderful books to add to our ever growing library
several magazines - Taste of Home (has great recipes) and a new favorite - Hobby Farms
socks- american made, new in the package- I stock up every year for everyone
a super cute denim jacket for me from Speigel
There is more but that's the highlights.
We returned home exhausted, sunburned and sad that it was over for another year.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like you really hit some yardsale jackpots there!

I am soooo envious that you found a Whirly Pop at a yard sale! I've been looking forever and have been ready to give up. . .you've given me hope, lady ;)

Not Betty Crocker said...

What adorable little outfits. Sounds like it was lots of fun and you got some great deals.

Marta said...

I love the little girly clothes. Too cute

This Mama said...

I am impressed!!
I love the little (frog) pants with the fringe on the bottom....is that what it is? Very cute.