Monday, August 18, 2008

The gig is up

Okay, I caved. I am a water drinker mostly. I do not drink soft drinks, coffee, etc.... I do enjoy a glass of orange juice sometimes. That's about it. I like plain water.
I managed to down most of the hot salt water this morning.I thought if I switched up the lemon drink a little I might could continue. I do enjoy homemade lemonade occasionally so I made me a glass without the maple syrup and red pepper. Yum - even without any sugar. Then I poured the maple syrup into a spoon and drank a couple. I love the maple syrup and could imagine how tasty it will be on a pancake. This might work except I was missing out on the cayenne pepper.
Then a crisis occured. Our pygmy buck, Elliot, was found down on the ground bleeding from wounds on his neck. He was fine when we released him from the barn this morning. I checked him out in the spot he was laying. I discovered a broken jar half hidden under leaves right at the fence line. This is compliments if the old couple who owned our land many many years ago. They were "country" folk who threw their garbage out back.
Anyway, I suppose Elliot was reaching through the fence to eat something on the other side and it sliced him up good. I detest looking at open, bloody wounds - I feel a strong urge to run the other way. We gathered him up and took him to the vet. The vet was out on a call but the tech said it had clotted and had not cut a major artery. Thank goodness! I will call later on this afternoon to find out if he has to have stitches.
On the way home I felt really weak so I stopped and picked up a homegrown watermelon and told the kids I was coming off of my cleanse. Every time I think about that salt water - I get nauseous.
I can't discount that I went for 2 1/2 days. Yeah! I will do fruit for lunch and a baked potato or veg soup for dinner. I want to go jump in my refrigerator and chow down but I will refrain. S says he is going to continue on. I am hoping he does because I truly believe in the benefits.

No comments: