Tomorrow it begins. The World's Longest Yardsale. Woo Hoo!!! Yardsale junk, antiques, crafts, pets, food....It starts in Alabama and ends in Ohio. Someone said it is going on up to Michigan this year. I guess they decided to get in on the fun. I know it's the highlight of my summer.
I will take my kids tomorrow to spend their money. After that it is adults only. I am nice though - I will take requests if they have the money to back it up.
We will be gone all day Friday and Saturday. It is supposed to be amazingly hot so we will fill the coolers with lots of icy cold water. Actually, I try to only drink as much to keep myself hydrated because although there are lots of port-a- potties along the way I try to avoid them. Totally gross -emergencies only. It's so hot I sweat most of my fluids away anyway.
No road trip is right without the customary junk food. My sister and I have planned for weeks what we want to eat on our outings. Kettle corn is tops on my list. I look forward to that as much as the bargains I find. She and my brother in law prefer the homemade ice cream. On rare occasions we make it to a particular church in time for their homemade chocolate fried pies. Umm Umm!
I usually have a list of stuff I am looking for. This year it's pretty slim. Mostly I am looking for fun things for our baby girl. I'm starting to feel that there is actually going to be a homecoming so it's okay to start aquiring some things. So far I have a plastic container under her bed with a few cute clothes. Not a lot but a start. Only one or two toys. Who knows what I will find this weekend.
I am still planning to go visit her in December so I want to take things to leave with her.
Well, off to bed. I need plenty of rest to fight the crowds and the heat for all those bargains. It's always a race to see what runs out first- my money or my energy.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yard sale heaven is right! That sounds like so much fun. Hope you find lots of bargains.
Post a Comment