I have had a strong interest in herbs for many years. I believe medicine has it's place, don't get me wrong, but if at all possible I choose herbal medicine first.
Some of my research has led me to believe how important it is to cleanse your internal body. I came across a website that really piquied my interest :http://www.themastercleanse.com/ .
S and I are convinced of the benefits of totally cleansing your colon which is what this cleanse does. The website explains all about the toxins that are stuck in the average persons colon. Ugh!
I have read so many incredible health benefits from doing this cleanse.
Basically you drink an herbal laxative tea at night. The next morning you get up and drink 32 oz. of water with 2 tsp. of organic sea salt. For the rest of the day, you drink 6-12 10 oz glasses of lemonade. The lemonade is 2 tbs. fresh lemon juice, 2 tbs. organic maple syrup, 1/10 tsp. red pepper and 10 oz of water. You may also drink all the extra water you want. This is supposed to go on for 10 days. You drink only fresh orange or grapefruit juice on day 11 and then at lunch on day 12 you can have a homemade vegatable soup.
S and I started on Saturday. We are at the end of day 2. Everything seems to be working as it is supposed to be. I wouldn't say I am really that hungry but I want to eat soooo bad. Most people say that day 2 and 3 are the most difficult. Okay, I believe it. I keep telling myself to forget about the 10 days- just make it through today.
I have found that I like the "beverages" hot. I tell myself that the salt water is soup and the lemon drink is tea. S is different. I told him the cold salt water makes me think of of ocean water, which he says he likes to think of it that way. Yuck!
I have to say that I am proud of myself that I have stuck it out this far. I have tried water only fasting in the past( for spiritual reasons) and thought I was going to die after one day. I get so nauseous. I have participated in a Daniel fast with my family. This site is excellent: http://www.christ-web.com/missions/farho/daniel-fast We did this for a week as a churchwide fast. I felt great and considered continuing on for a few days more.
This cleanse is not for spiritual reasons although I find with the focus off of food it can be like a spiritual fast.
I know this is good for me. It can't hurt me that's for sure. We, as a nation, are so spoiled to a rich, convenient, and nutrient deficient diet.
I have made many changes over the years but I have a long way to go. Confession - I adore ice cream. I love bread of any kind especially that fresh hot bread from Wal-mart slathered with real butter ummmm. Can you see how quickly the mind zips gravitates to food when you can't have it? I feel like Smeagal/Gollum on the Lord of the Rings - " I wants it! My precious!"
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment