Saturday, August 23, 2008

Updates

#1 Elliot, the goat, is doing okay. I have to have my son hold him by the horns every morning so I can spray his wounds with the medicine. If you know anything about goats you know they hate this. The horn thing not the spray.

#2 Our Bandit left yesterday with his sweet young family. They adore him already. They drove 6 1/2 hours one way to pick this little sweetie up.

#3 Adoption news: Our O has 2 houses. One is moving to Les Cayes very soon. N- our baby girl lives in this home. One of the adopting moms just returned from visiting her little boy. She posted on our support group a glowing report of this new place as she got a chance to go out and check it out. It is a few miles out of the city with no house right next door. It's gated, of course. The kids will have plenty of yard space to run and play. That's a definitely upgrade from the city homes in PAP.

There have been some changes in policy in recent months due to misunderstandings and disagreements between parents. Because of this the visiting parents have not been allowed to take pictures of the kids at the O other than their own. Boy, I've missed seeing my sweetie. It sure made the wait much more bearable. The good news is that I heard that M, our director, said that she had some new pictures of all the kids. Hooray!

I am also expecting an update right away about the status of our file. There has been movement I believe. I'll post as soon as I hear.

We also have several kids from our group on the cusp of going home. Just some final steps to be taken. I am so excited for them. Ladies - It's really going to happen, really! Hang in there!

1 comment:

Kathy Cassel said...

How far are you in the process? It took me 9 full mo to get through ibesr because of dispense but now they've stopped that and files are coming out in 2-3 mo. Now we are in parquet but Gassant was booted out so we don't know what will happen there. It is very frustrating because we seem to be hitting the rough waters in each step.

That part about the goat doesn't sound fun!