Friday, October 31, 2008

Flashback Friday



I saw this on another blog and thought I would have a flashback of my own. This picture was taken on a day like this 3 years ago. It was a beautiful fall day and the leaves were spectacular. It was sunny, cool and a slightly breezy. I had the kids sit on this rock in our back yard.



Since I lived in my house when I was a little girl this rock is kind of special to me. It is a large rock that will a little imagination becomes a mighty ship or even a raft. My sister and brothers and I spent hours playing on this rock and the smaller ones surrounding it.



When S and I got married and my parents gave us the house and land, I was thrilled. I loved growing up here and could imagine raising our family here. A few years later we were having some "landscaping" done by a nice older gentleman with a tractor. He misunderstood and pushed all this extra dirt towards the hollow and my rocks. It took a few minutes of my jumping up and down like a crazy person and S's yelling but we finally got the poor man's attention and had him stop.


Well, the rocks are not quite as high as they were in my day but as you can see they still have plenty of "scope for the imagination" for Noah and any other child who happens into the yard.


1 comment:

Kathy Cassel said...

How cute. I wonder what he was pretending or playing.