Another task can be marked off. I called yesterday and made my I600 appointment in Haiti for December.
I'm going with a group of 4 other moms who all are hoping we can get the same appointments. The first mom made hers and emailed us the date. I hurried to the phone to make mine. The person you have to speak to is only available during a 1 hour window per day. Pressure!
We have changed cell providers recently and after a couple of attempts I find that I can't call from my phone. Arggg! I call my hubby at his office to share my phone dilemma so he dials out on a 3-way call.
Ahhh, we get through after the second try. The woman is very nice and it all takes just a few minututes. I'm so nervous that I break out in blotches. Success - I get the date and time I was hoping for! The woman hangs up and S asks me if that was it and calmly goes back to work. I on the other hand felt as if I needed to go lie down.
I get worked up mentally everytime I have to call Haiti. I am so paranoid that I will not be able to understand what they are saying. I'm also concerned I will offend them by having them continually repeat themselves.
This was one of the easier calls. Thank you, God!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What is the number to call to set up an appointment? What is the best time/day to call? Does your file have to be out of IBESR or out of Parquet? Does the I-600 expire?
Congrats on this big step! I wish I was going on a December trip too but the only way that will happen is if I have a miracle homecomeing. You are getting close!
The first time I called to set up my I-600 appointment, the call was so bad, I had to hang up and call again.
I was told in June that I needed to go sign in July, that we were nearly out of IBESR, but unfortunately, we're still there (1 year now). The form (I-72) I was given after signing the I-600 expires Oct. 22 and I will have to file an extension (most people do).
Don't be surprised if you have to wait a while (but make sure you are early for your appointment). At least you'll be waiting in air conditioning!
I am so happy that you are going with some more moms!!! What are the dates that you will be in Haiti?
Sorry I am so slow to reply to these questions. This is the # to call Haiti for the I600 appointment:
011-509-2-229-8000
Ask for the USCIS department. (Important: This number above is the main switchboard. Do not ask for Adoptions Unit first. If you do, they actually transfer you to the Consulate Adoptions Unit. First ask only for the USCIS Department, then once connected to USCIS Department...ask for adoptions unit and explain you need to set up an appointment to sign I600.
Call between 2:30-3:30 Haiti time.
Or you can email:
Haiti.Uscis@dhs.gov
Attn: Adoptions Unit
After you file the I600, your orphanage director has a certain amount of time to turn in paperwork or you will need to get an extension.
Hope this helps!
Post a Comment