Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend Projects

This weekend's projects were #1) working on Noah's tree fort. S had already got the foundation in the ground this past week. He and the 3 boys got the uppper level created and the ladder. Noah is already imagining the battles that will rage from his incredible spot in the trees.


Catie Bug, my niece, came from next door to investigate and promptly got to work carrying boards for her Uncle S.

Catie and Noah had to try it out.


There is a zipline in the plans to carry them from the tree fort to the orchard. Several limbs will have to be cut to clear the path. Tree limbs that is. S plans to make a zipline chair with a brake on it. It will not be for the faint hearted.

The second project was: completing running electricity to the barn. That part is complete! Now next weekend we can actually put the electric wire on the fence and hook it to the box. Yeah! No more puppy running around the yard. He'll be in the pasture guarding the goats like he's supposed to be not chewing up everyone's shoes, tearing up paper, and stealing my sister's front door mat.

Project #3) I made soap and lotion bars. I have a craft show coming up so I've tried to stay focused. One of my favorite scents for this time of year is Orange Spice. It makes me think of that old fashioned decoration of oranges with cloves stuck in them. Add a touch of cinnamon and you have that same beautiful aroma. It's heavenly!

4 comments:

Not Betty Crocker said...

Looks like lots of work and lots of fun. I got your soap this weekend and love it. I especially loved the scripture on your label-I needed that reminder. Can't wait to try out some more of your scrumptious soaps.

Marta said...

The tree fort is awesome!!!

Sarah said...

My son is drooling over your tree fort! Very cool indeed!

Susan W. said...

I just read that you will be at First Friday in November! What fun! Hope to see you there.