A baby from a former litter- our bottle baby, Napoleon.
Well, we had good news and bad when I spoke with my vet. Tiger Lily did great during her surgery. Our vet was correct in his assumption that the puppy that was twisted around trying to be born did not survive. The good news is that the other little boy was fine.
Mama and 3 babies are home and settling in wonderfully. They are so tiny and precious and fragile-looking.
Last litter I had a mama with no milk. Thankfully, I had another mama who had delivered the day before. She was able to take on the 2 extra puppies with no problems except one of the puppies was so much smaller that he everytime he squirmed his way to a nipple he got pushed back. He looked like he was body surfing.
I kept them all in my room for the first week. I got up every couple of hours and held the mama in my lap and let her "foster" baby nurse. I moved him from nipple to nipple so he could get some doggy milk. I then supplemented with a bottle.
I woke up at every noise just like I did with my human babies while they were tiny. I got up constantly just to check.
This recent litter was moved to the living room after that first night. Better sleep for us all.
2 comments:
They are aooo cute!!! do they all have homes?
They are beautiful! What a week you have had!
Post a Comment