Well, Boomer is back. The lady fell in love with him but misunderstood her lease. There is a $550 one time deposit and a $250 yearly fee. She said she just could not swing it right now. We met her after church and got him back. The woman cried and held on to him until the last minute. I felt sorry for them both. I get so angry with irresponsible people who don't take care of their pets and somehow I am thrown in the midst of an emotional turmoil to find them good homes. Grrrrrrrr!!!!!
Here at the farm we have our own sad news. I have cried my heart out and hesitated to share this online. My little Tinkerbell ( my rescued baby goat) disappeared last week. We have searched the pasture several times. She was not one to get out. Actually she was a bit of a tattle-tail about that. I always knew when Ivy got out - she's my little escape artist. Tinkerbell would stand at the fence and cry until we came out and put Ivy back in.
I truly adored that little goat. Every day when I checked on everyone she would rub up against my legs like a cat. She loved to be rubbed and would snuggle when I squatted down to talk to her. I often thought to myself that I would have a very difficult time if something happened to her. It was like I knew she would not always be with us. We are honestly baffled at her disappearance. We have coyotes really bad. Who knows. I miss her so much that it is difficult to even go near the barn. She would have been a year old next month.
Have I already said this? It's difficult to be a country girl.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so sorry about Tinkerbell. I hate when things like that happen.
Here's my link tamarandniterline.blogspot.com
I am so sorry about tinkerbell I am so attached to my dogs and could not imagine. I wish we lived closer I would love to have another wawa (TnT 's names for ours!)
Post a Comment