Amazing! We were in IBESR for one day less than 4 months and we are out!!!! We are ecstatic to say the least. Many people got stuck in this legal phase because of possible rule changes concerning families with bio children. We feel really blessed and are now praying for our many friends who went in around the same time. One mom mentioned maybe they are "housecleaning" before slowing down during the summer months.
I get this incredibly wonderful email and before I can even share it with anyone except my husband we fell into more excitement. One of our long coat chihuahuas, who was due to whelp her first litter on Saturday, went into labor. Actually, I was suspecting she was in the beginning stages early evening. I was rejoicing in my email when I ran back to check on her. She did not want to go out with the others for their final potty run. I brought the playpen in with the whelping box to bed her down for the night.
I signed off the computer and when I checked on her again she growled at me. That was odd. I walked off and then thought better and came back to check again. I noticed a precious little rat size shape next to her. #1 baby boy had arrived. Ahhhh!!! I felt unprepared. She was not supposed to have him in the crate - it wasn't sanitized! We quickly got her moved to the box. We had to tie off the cord since it took 20 minutes to pass the rest. He is a fiesty one weighing at 1 oz.
We waited 2 anxious hours for #2 baby girl to arrive hind feet first. Okay, she is also fiesty and healthy weighing in at 1 1/2 oz. Mama seems uncomfortable but thrilled over her babies. She settles down to rest before the next round. Oddly, she is still too round to be done but she "acts" done. Oh no!
I call my vet repeatedly and every vet around with an emergency number. Can't find anyone! S says "Aw, she's just done. She's not having more." I don't know. I still feel that she is too big. Her labor has stopped and she is just enjoying the puppies. It is 3:00 a.m. so I finally go to sleep. A vet wakes me up at 6:30 returning my call. He says bring her in. They are packed and I wait 1 1/2 hours before my girl gets her x-ray. I was right - 2 more babies. One is twisted and chances aren't good for it but my vet is more optimistic about the other.
Now we wait. He says go home and they will call when they do the surgery and tell me the results.
Right now, I am just in survival mode myself since I don't do well with so little sleep. I have never been a party animal or night owl. I like to go to bed early and rise early - or my body does whether I want to or not.
I called my mom on the way home from the vet to share my adoption news. She couldn't believe I had such news and contained myself all this time. Well, I am sharing it now. I just hope I can remember who all I talked to after I have had more sleep!
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
It sounds like they are not doing dispense anymore. We were stuck 9 mo. Someone from our O. with birth children just got out in under 4 mo.
Yay for your exciting news! I hope the rest goes quickly for you too.
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you and your beautiful family--I'm praying the rest moves quickly for you as well.
And congrats on the new little pups. Praying that all goes well with the surgery and other babes.
-Sarah C.
What does this mean? How much longer until we go get her?
WOOHOOO!! You of all people deserved a quick stay in IBESR! Parquet here you come...
I am so happy for you! I may have waited for what seemed forever in IBESR, but Parquet went super fast, and I wish the same for you!
So happy for your files!
We have two kids in Haiti and are in IBESR. Monday will be 9 weeks for us!
I hope things are moving!!!
:)Jamie
dreamingbigdreams.wordpress.com
congrats on whizzing through IBESR, lets hope the rest moves just as quickly!!!
I'm glad you got out of IBESR so quickly!!!
Post a Comment