I have tried all week to post pictures of our trip to the beach with no success. We have dial-up, need I say more?
I give up and move on.
A couple of months ago I got the sweetest card and package. It was from a friend of mine. She is so super thoughtful. The way I wish I was. I think "thoughtful" thoughts but I get busy and forget to follow through. Like birthday cards. I say every year I am going to send a card to everyone in my large family to celebrate their day. Birthdays should be special and these are people I really love, right? I just can't get it together to remember the card and send it off on time. They end up with a phone call sometimes a day late. See what I mean?
Anyway. I got this card. It said she was browsing through some magazines at a thrift store and saw this magazine that looked like me. It was only a quarter and she bought it. She sent it and a year's subscription to me just because she thought I would enjoy it. I was blown away! How sweet was that?
The magazine is "Farm and Ranch". It is such a neat magazine for us farmer wantabees.The articles are interesting and the pictures are beautiful.
My friend made me feel good and bad at the same time. The magazine was so on the mark for me - could I return the favor for her? I'm not sure but it was another reminder that I need to slow down and keep trying to follow through with those "thoughts" I have.
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad to know I am not the only one that has the best of intentions when it comes to sending cards and presents to my loved ones. But I am bad, bad, bad about making it happen in a timely manner. Grrr. One of my character defects. Because it is so nice when someone does it for me!
Post a Comment