Well, today begins another week. Thank goodness. Last week I was feeling pretty discouraged on the adoption front. I read an excerpt from a book on someone's blog about modern day child slavery in several countries including Haiti making me feel an almost desperation for all the families I know to complete our adoptions. I felt so helpless. Word is there is pretty much a freeze in IBESR on families with biological children. Our file has yet to even make it to IBESR for another week.
A year ago I had the naive impression that if we could get the money together that was the hard part. That was our obstacle. International adoption was something I have always dreamed of doing. I thought that we would do all the crazy paperchasing: a homestudy, psychological, physical exams for 6, fingerprints here and for the I600A, and all the rest...... wait, maybe a year at the most, and bring home our little girl. Our family would be complete at last. We would have helped a family give their little girl the life they could not and we would be blessed to share that child's life forever.
It's much more complicated than that. I am reminded about when I wanted to get pregnant. I had had a recent unplanned surprise pregnancy of twins. Unfortunately, I miscarried a month apart and lost both. I realized then I desperately wanted to experience pregnancy and childbirth. For a year and a half we "tried" to get pregnant. I could not make it happen.
I pray daily for Baby Girl N, Marie - the director, the Haitian officials, all the families I know in the process, all the little girls we were referred and lost. I pray and I cry and I plead with God to work all of it out.
By Friday I just felt overwhelmed.
I just started to pray again out of my frustration. I know I serve a big God who can do the impossible. I have no doubts about that. As I prayed I felt a scripture was dropped into my spirit. I grabbed up my bible to look it up." Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the plans I have for you." declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Okay. I can't explain the peace I felt after reading that. I needed that reminder that He has a plan for my life. I tell my kids that often about them and I believe it. I just needed my heavenly father to remind me that He hears all these prayers and pleadings. He loves me and wants to bless me. He sees the whole picture.
I still don't have any answers about our adoption. I know that we have done all we can to make this happen. We are available - our home, our time, our finances, our love. We are willing vessels. No matter what happens, we can honestly say we tried to make a difference. We took the chance.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I am praying you hear news this week. We have a wonderful God!!
JC
I hate that this process is so darn hard! These babies need families and there are families that willing and available-why does it have to be so complicated? Hang in there! I hope you get good news SOON. You are in my prayers.
Last week WAS a rough week, really rough....
I am so glad you found comfort and peace. Here's hoping that this is our week ;)
~Mandy
Hi L! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I so hope that the time you spent reading was encouraging. Unless you've been thru this, there is no way to understand how hard it is. I so hope and pray that you have endured the worst and that you are moving toward the light- quickly and smoothly! Your daughter is beautiful- what a precious and sweet smile.
Thank you for sharing with me!
Blessings, Laura
Unfortunately, the thing about having birth children and being stuck in IBESR is true. There are at least 125 files on the president's desk which need special approval. Perhaps a decision will be reached soon and yours will be able to go right through. Mine have been sitting seven month.
Go to livesayhaiti.blogspot.com and look at today's post. See if the little girl looks like anyone you know.
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW a great week for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aves
Praying for you...
Post a Comment