White Dogwoods are natural to our landscape and we have moved several from the woods to line our property line along the road. They are just beginning to open. My sweet hubby has just planted a red Dogwood right outside our dining room window so we can enjoy it's blossoms as we eat.

I have just been outside looking for a plant that to me signals spring is truly here. It's the hosta plant. It's a shade loving plant so we have many of different varieties planted along the edges of the yard under the trees. They are so cool and green in the heat of the summer like a leafy green bouquet. In the fall, the leaves cover them and we leave them so the plants are well protected from the cold. It dies totally back to the ground.
The first spring-like day I am out digging in the leaves looking for the first little green horn-like sprout. I wanted to sing and dance when I went about my ritual today and found they were already about 3 inches out of the ground!
Well, I say -Welcome,spring! I have missed you dearly old friend!
No comments:
Post a Comment