Sunday, January 6, 2008
Today was one of those days that remind me why I love living in the south. It was gorgeous. For the past 2 weeks we have had many nights in the teens and days in the thirties and forties. Yuk! All I have wanted to do is stay in and stay warm. Today was one of our "teases" of spring. It was sunny with a high of 65. After a wonderful church service, we stopped at one of our favorite mexican restaurants for lunch. Then we came home and changed into comfy clothing and headed outside. Noah set up his target in the front yard and practised with his new bow while S and I sat in the swing and cheered him on. Caleb and Lucas kicked the soccer ball around for a while. We walked around the orchard, examined the trees and imagined all the fruit we will hopefully have this year. We moved on to the line of dogwood trees by the road and ooh and aahed over all the buds which will turn into glorious blooms this spring. I made the mistake of feeding Ivy, one of my pygmy goats, a banana muffin so she cried for more and cried and cried. She's so spoiled. I got out the camcorder and filmed her begging and Noah shooting his bow. Before long all my nieces and nephews from next door were milling about the yard. The bigger kids pulled out the skateboards and rode down the driveway while the younger ones rode around on their new bikes. Then my sister and brother in law ambled our way. We discussed vacations and various outdoor projects like the grapes and thornless blackberries we want to plant. Everyone walked down to the barn to see how much my baby chicks have grown and to pet our little Tinkerbell, our rescued baby goat. It was just one of those relaxing family days where we got a little glimpse of spring and we love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like our day here-was so beautiful. I have spring fever really bad now. J and I spent all day out today messing with the animals, examining our trees and deciding where to plant more come springtime. Such a good day. Glad it was just as nice in your corner of the world.
Awwww- I want to feed bannana bread to a little goat...so cute!
Post a Comment