Friday, January 25, 2008

Pride

Tomorrow my sister and I are going to a class. It is being given by the local Research and Extension Center. It's a workshop on goat health care. There will be hands-on demonstrations on hoof trimming ( I hate to cut my dogs nails) injection sites and more. I showed my hubby the flyer and told him I had signed us up and we could call it a date. You should have seen the look of horror on his face. Now you have to understand our dilemma. My sister and I love our farm animals but we don't want people to think we are farmers by looking at us. I know it's pride. My husband teases us about being "goat people". When I called to sign us up yesterday, I was so tempted to ask if we were the only women signed up. We have this mental picture of these men spitting tobacco. It's being held in a small local country town. We want to learn how to accurately take care of our pets so we are truly looking forward to the workshop. We teased each other with the elaborate Zsa Zsa outfits we could wear like boas and heels - you know Green Acres? We settled on feminine but comfortable. It's probably going to be a bunch of children learning for their 4-H projects or adults just like us. The "tobacco spitters" could probably teach the class. Right? Pride - it can be an ugly thing can't it?

2 comments:

Not Betty Crocker said...

Wish I could go with you. I couldn't trim my goats hooves if my life depended on it. We have our sweet country vet do it when she visits. She laughs at us cause we are idiots but knows we love our goats. Speaking of, we have 3 new baby goats at our house...so cute!

Have fun!

Kathy Cassel said...

Funny. You just have to post pictures of this event!!!