Monday, November 17, 2008

Brrr! It's a cold Monday morning. I am so thankful for a warm house and no reason to have to go out into the cold outside. It still looks like fall with the gorgeous leaves falling but that air is frigid. Okay, so it's in the upper forties outside but to me that's frigid.

Lucas got up not feeling so good this morning so I sent him back to bed after our morning devotion and prayer time. Since he and Noah feed all the outside animals, I told Noah that I would help today. I had on a warm fleecy top and some yoga pants. Noah was ready to go so I just grabbed my "barn" jacket and slipped on my boots. It was quite an ensemble and you'll notice I am not posting a picture. I'll let you use your imagination. The kids got a kick out of it but I don't think the animals even noticed. If they did they were too polite to even snicker.

We fed and watered the animals, put clean hay in the nests for the chickens, and played with Annie our new Great Pyrennees. She was given to us recently and she actually stays in the fence with the goats unlike Max who sleeps on the back porch. She does her job. She does it so well that S is about ready to get rid of her. She barked for several hours during the night. I'm sure it was at the coyotes and that's good but she kept S awake. That's not so good.

Anyway, we came back in to a nice toasty house. I jumped on the treadmill to warm my self through while the kids finished up their morning chores. We ate a delicious breakfast of homemade french toast. I moved on to check my emails and the kids started school.

I reminded the kids during our devotion this morning that it's Monday - the beginning of a brand new week. Fresh-with no mistakes and all kinds of possibilities.

Happy Monday morning!


No comments: