Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Taking a Breather
Lucas - A Goalie In Action

Noah Between Quarters

The fall is exciting for many reasons and one of them, for our family, is soccer season. All of our kids play recreational soccer. We practice twice a week and games on Saturday. It's great exercise for them and an excuse for me to socialize with friends I don't always have time for. By this time of the season, though, I am growing weary of all the going back and forth( remember we live out in the country) and I am ready to have my weekends back. Normally we have 4 kids playing so it makes for a looong Saturday. Lexi was asked to assistant coach an under-8 team (her brother's) so we only had games x's three this year.
Fortunately, we are in the midst of tournament week. Hooray! It's double elimination. Lucas' team won by a landslide - 11 to 0. Being the compassionate woman I am, I felt they needed to stop scoring. My husband says I just don't understand. Noah's team won by three points and he made one of the goals. Excellent beginning games. Caleb was recruited from his team by a "traveling team" a few weeks ago to be a guest player for their tournament. He will be heading out Friday with Scott for an intense tournament weekend a few hours away.
No matter how the scores end up, it has been a fun season. It's almost over and our Saturdays will be our own again.

No comments: