Wednesday, November 28, 2007

New Additions



Here we go again. A friend's sister found these 2 little babies on the side of the highway. They had obviously escaped from a truck leaving a hatchery. My friend's sister did not know what to do with them so they asked if we would take them. How could I say no? Look at how precious! Noah named them - Cuppy and Sweetie. One of them seemed to have a problem with one of it's legs so Noah gave it physical therapy. He decided to name that one Sweetie because he said it had to have a nice name since it was a little crippled. It seems to have recovered.

Winter is not the best time for raising baby chicks. They are so fragile and get cold so easily. For now we have a brooder in our kitchen for warmth. Ugghhh! Thank goodness there are only two. When I have done this in the past it was late spring and they stayed in the garage until they were older. I just remind myself it's no different from the time we had a parrot in a birdcage. What we will do with them when they get bigger and are still too young to join the others in the coop, I don't know. We will have to get creative I suppose.

1 comment:

Addie said...

They are so Cute!!! I love the names Noah gave them!

~Addie