We are home and settling in wonderfully. Nephtalie is a very happy little girl most of the time. She cried, initially, at the airport when Jill, our sweet escort, had to quickly pass N and her paperwork off to us so she could catch her next flight. When we got to the car, we pulled out the photo album from our last visit and the necklace/bracelet she wore. N seemed to recognize them and it calmed her.
We were so blessed to have S's brother and wife share our homecoming. They used the camera and camcorder so it freed us to greet N. We spent the night with them in Tampa before heading back home. N racked up on the gifts from S's family.
The first 6 hours of the drive home, N sang or chatted. No joke. The only times she was quiet was when she was eating. We laughed because she was non stop. Then she crashed for 2 1/2 hours. When she woke up, she was refreshed and started singing again. It was hilarious!
When we made it home,she was shy with the kids for maybe 30 minutes. Lexi and Noah she loved, Caleb and Lucas she was very unsure of. She's warming up to Lucas more quickly. She will walk past him and hit him or kick at him while laughing. When Caleb or S is around she just smiles shyly.
99% of the time, N has a sunny smile on her face. It's like she realizes she is finally home. I have gotten as many hugs as I have given. She is so loving and just drinks in all the attention.
She eats just about anything offered to her except chocolate,pickles and brussel sprouts. She even asked for S's fire hot cheese curls. I told her it was hot but she wanted it anyway. She loved them but kept making a inward hissing sound and then asked for more with a grin on her face.
Yesterday, I took her to her bedroom and showed her all her clothes. Of course, much of what I have is summer stuff. She loved all the pretty dresses and wanted to try them on. Lexi and I oohed and ahhed over her. She would preen in front of the mirror with the biggest smile on her face. I decided to try on some of the coats and jackets I have. I have different sizes because of being unsure of what she would be wearing when she actually made it home. She is so slim that they all fit her except over her bloated belly. I couldn't zip them. Lexi and I got tickled. Big mistake. N couldn't understand what we were saying but she knew we were laughing at her. Her poor little face crumpled. I felt so bad. We quickly squelched the laughter and started telling her again how beautiful she is. Thankfully, she bounced quickly back to her happy little self.
My five year old niece, Catie, could hardly wait for N to get here. She's the only little girl in a sea of boys and is eager to have a little girl to play babies and dress-up with. She lives next door and has visited for short periods each day with N acting shy during her visits. Today, Catie came early determined to get to know her new cousin. I sat in the bedroom for a little while and played babies then I slipped out to do some laundry.
They've finally clicked. They have played sweetly all morning. I hear lots of chatter from them both. Neither can understand the other but it truly doesn't seem to matter. It is so precious!
I'll try to post some pictures later.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
So wonderful to hear your girl is home. Congratulations!
Hope your transition is smooth.
Thanks for the update, I have been stopping by often all weekend for information, Now I am greedy and I want PICTURES, PICTURES!!! LOL-just kidding-kind of......
Congratulations and welcome to post adoption process bliss.
Aves
So happy for you all, what a special holiday season this will be!!!
That is awesome! She sounds so bubbly and happy! Can't wait for photos too! :)
Can't wait to see pictures!
So-o-o-o happy she is finally home! I love the little stories about how she is doing. Also can't wait for picturs!
My girls LOVE those hot curly fries too. They still say "pic-que" (hot) when they get them.
Congratulations again! What an amazing holiday season for all of you!
My Girls wouldn't eat chocolate at first either....BUT NOW, they want it all the time. I was so excited when I saw the settling in post....I thought "oh my, can they possily be HOME!?"
I am so happy for you guys! It is your turn to drink it all in. Enjoy!
Suzanne
So happy your beautiful girl is home! Praise God!
Congratulations on having her home at last!! That is wonderful!!
Congratulations on getting her home! Yeah God. May your transition be filled with God's Spirit.
So happy for all of you.
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted
*expecting again...from Ethiopia
Post a Comment