Friday, September 26, 2008

Fireproof

We just got home from seeing the movie - Fireproof. The theater was packed.

I understand it's by the same people that did Facing the Giants. I liked that movie but the acting wasn't quite as good as it could have been. The acting in this movie is much better with less weak supporting cast.

I always liked Kirk Cameron and recently read his autobiography. He is definitely a man of faith with strong convictions. He tells a little about this movie in his book. What impressed me most was his convictions about kissing another woman other that his wife in a movie.

This movie calls for an onscreen kiss. He told them if he had to do that he would not do the film so they put Chelsea, his wife, in a wig and subbed her in that scene. How's that for standing up for what you believe?

The storyline was great. Makes you stop and think about your own marriage. If it comes to your city then see it. It's worth it.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hi! I hopped over her from the 5frozenchamorros blog. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie...glad to hear you liked it and that the theater was packed! The cool thing about the Facing the Giants movie is that it was super low budget(I think it is just a church in georgia making films)...hence the acting quality ;-) Hopefully this movie will be successful and allow them to make more. Also, if you haven't seen it, I recommend Fly Wheel - this group's first movie.

Nice chattin' with ya.

-Mel