A new picture from a visiting mom. Isa is back visiting so there is great promise of another one in the near future.I mentioned in my last post that life had been extremely busy lately. Our Lexi had a Senior Bible Quiz match this weekend. Senior Bible Quiz is for grades 7-12. They compete statewide on a monthly basis and each year they have to totally memorize whole books of the bible. This year they are learning Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians and Philemon. They have to study really hard and I'm extremely proud of them. Lexi came in 5th in the state and their team came in 2nd.
Caleb and Lexi are preparing to compete in a Fine Arts competition with our church youth group this weekend. The first competition is regional. Our two are in human videos. Our teams usually do well and I am sure this year will be no exception. The practices are pretty intense with long hours of practice. I have refused to sit in on any of the practices so I can enjoy the full experience at competition.
Lastly, one of my younger brothers moved back to town this weekend. He is unemployed and uninsured. Yesterday, while moving something, he fractured his ankle and broke his heel(?). Anyways, the emergency room said he will have to have surgery. Bad timing. Poor guy. Guess who is temporarily parked on my couch?
We are getting more snow today. The wind is blowing and it's cold. Brrr. Our co-op literature class was cancelled. The kids begged me to let them have a day off of school. Since we homeschool pretty much year round, I agreed to a "light" day. Chores have to be completed, math is a must, catch up on any work they are behind on, and then they can read a "good" book - no twaddle.
I am still battling a cold so I am longing for a steaming cup of tea, a good book, and a snuggly blanket.
5 comments:
She looks so different in each picture. Jo Beth and I think she is a doll. Congrats to Lexi!!
She's a cutie!
She is a cutie!! Her hair is starting to get darker also which is a good sign of good nutrition.
So adorable!!!
What a doll! And congrats to Lexi on the Bible Quiz. . . what a great competition!
Post a Comment