Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Latest News

When I spoke with our director a couple of weeks ago, I asked her about rescheduling our birth parent interview. It was scheduled back in December when I was in Haiti to sign our I-600. Of course, I found out at that time that USCIS in Haiti did not have our paperwork. When I got home, USCIS here told me they were showing our approval in the computer but could not find our paperwork. It took over 4 months to finally get our paperwork reconstructed and to Haiti. I just figured the birth parent interview wouldn't take place until they received the paperwork.

When I asked about the b.p. interview, I was told that it HAD taken place as scheduled with NO DNA REQUESTED!!! What a wonderful surprise after all those months of thinking we were just on hold. I was thrilled that there were actually some steps forward.

The next day, I received an email from USCIS that there was a document with an incorrect date on it that needed to be picked up and taken care of. I called out director back and she promised to pick it up.

As of today, the document is in the process of being corrected. To my understanding, after that is corrected and turned in ( and barring no other problems) then we wait for I-600 appproval.

We are sooooo close to bringing our sweetie pie home!

7 comments:

Janet said...

I hope it's all worked out really fast!

Natalie said...

Yay for good news!!!

Terry said...

This is very good news!

Kathy Cassel said...

Woo hoo!!!!

Marta said...

I am hoping soon! Praying for you!

Not Betty Crocker said...

Wonderful news!!

Elder Cook said...

Awesome news!!! She is so beautiful can't wait to see her home!!!