Friday, January 16, 2009

Urge to Purge

It was sooo cold out today. Usually on days like this I only want to curl up somewhere and stay warm. Not today. I had the urge to organize and purge. Weird.

I started in my room. I found some of N's things in a bag in my closet. Then I found a dress-up dress I had bought for her last summer. This led me to Lexi's room and then the boys- much to their dismay. My help was long overdue. Caleb kept telling me "Come on Mom, we're boys, our rooms are supposed to be messy!"

After lunch, I enlisted everyone's help. We had stuff everywhere. Everything was pulled out of their closets and under beds. I felt dusty and grungy and ready for the shower when my dear hubby calls to let me know he's on his way home a couple of hours early.What?! Today?

Well, it was a productive day. Several large bags are at the front door for Goodwill, a big box of hand-me-downs sent next door, the outside garbage can is overflowing, and N's stuff is in the her and Lexi's closet just waiting for the day she comes home. AAhhhh!

2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

I get in moods like that too.

Kimmie said...

So nice to meet you! I see that you make soap! I love making soap, though my hobby has slowed down over the past year, just not enough time, sigh.

Kuddos on your cleaning....want to come over to my house and help me?

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted