Tomorrow is S's birthday. I've always told him that the whole world parties for his birthday - even if we go to bed at the usual hour.
He got a card in the mail today from our insurance guy. It was a look back to the year you were born card. Here's a blast of the past-
In the news:
Destroying a draft card was a federal crime
Water Quality Act passed
President Johnson sent first U.S. combat forces to Vietnam
Pope Paul VI visited the U>S> and called for world peace
Martin Luther King, Jr. led civil rights march to Selma to Montgomery
Top Tunes:
Stop! In the Name of Love
My Girl
Turn! Turn! Turn!
Top Movies:
Sound of Music
The Spy Who Came in From the Cold
The Greatest Story Ever Told
American Living Then and Now:
1st Class Stamp $.05 .41
Average Income 6,956 48,201
Bread .21 2.69
New Home 16,150 246,500
Gas (1 gal) .31 2.99 (today it's 1.39 here)
I went into a store recently where I saw booklets like this. I picked up the one of the year I graduated high school -1985. It said that was the year that cd's were introduced to the American consumer.They didn't make it into my home until much later.
I noticed before Christmas that Walmart is carrying the Inchworm riding toy for toddlers. It brought back sweet memories for me and I really wanted to buy one for N. I couldn't believe how similar it was to the original ones.
I had one of the first Baby Alive babies that really eats, drinks and poops. Mine was much cuter than the current ones on the shelf.
Walmart also had a retro looking bike for girls just like the one I had. It was hot pink with a banana seat. It was so cool and I loved it!
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Banana seats rock! I used to masking tape my huge teddy bear onto the back of mine motorcycle-style. I thought I was one cool kid!
I saw the inchworm too--loved it!
Happy Birthday to S :)
I had a super cool yellow, banana seat bike when I was a kid! I used to double my sister everywhere, sans helmets, of course!
Post a Comment