I had to buy a new calling card to call Haiti for the update. I don't know about other people's experience but every call even when you don't get through costs at least 5 minutes. If you've ever called Haiti or our Director then you know that's the norm.
Yesterday morning I decided it was time. I had to know what was going on.
I reached M on the first try. I asked what was going on with our file. She said, " Umm...Umm...Umm... I am taking your paperwork to USCIS today." What?!
I did not even ask what the deal was. I just said " Okay, I am putting it on the calendar. Thanks!" I don't understand the process and I can't understand much Creole/English on the phone so it wouldn't have me much good to ask for details. Sigh!
N will be home when she gets home. That's all I know.
Since we aren't allowed to visit the O anymore but in June and December, we don't get many pictures like in the early part of our adoption. I miss having that connection. It's been 7 months since I've seen her - no pictures, no update. Who knows how much she's grown.
I was looking through the pictures of Haiti on my computer this morning. Here's one of the first pictures of N that I received at her referral. I just love those eyes!

Dear God,
It's me again. Please let her come home soon!
Thanks!
7 comments:
AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. It's time already.
I'm sorry. I can relate to everything you wrote. It is so frustrating and so disappointing. I hated the new visitation policy and the fact that we didn't get pictures (which is why I paid an arm and a leg for the Granny Bin reports). The twice annual only visits made the whole thing extra difficult. Hang in there!
Yep, I hated that policy too. I'm so sorry, hang in there. My advice at this point would be to continue to call on a regular basis...it keeps things at the forefront.
I hate the new policy! and not being able to stay at Walls. I am praying she comes home soon.
Glad you called and helped to move it along (or it seems by the way your wrote it that it may have been a reminder to them??)
God is a God of specifics...pray the specifics and wait on His timing.
Praying she'll be *home* quick.
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and adopted
I am so, so sorry! 7 months w/o any update or pictures is just awful!! I really feel for you right now. I hope so badly that you get news soon! It is sad that we don't get all those fun pictures of the groups of kids to look through anymore. It seems most people don't even go to Les Cayes, the kids get brought to PAP, so you don't get to see the whole gang! Even the agencies aren't going very often anymore, and they too now have VERY strict rules in place about visiting. A Love Beyond Borders is not allowing anyone to visit at all until they are in MOI! I wish this was faster, it's such a toil on us all, but especially the kids!! Try to stay strong, I bet your N is getting prettier and prettier by the day!!
Have you heard anything from USCIS yet? Our files were delivered about 2-2.5 weeks before they sent us approval for Keenan's paperwork. I guess Mdm. Beaudoin said they are backlogged.
I would encourage you to email them for a status inquiry on your file. Everytime we have emailed them, we have always received a response. I'm always nice as pie, thank them for their trouble and all the work they do for the children of Haiti. the address is:
Haiti.Uscis@dhs.gov
Good luck, dear! I'm praying for some good news on your blog!
Post a Comment