I thought I might not post again until I had some good news about our adoption process. Unfortunately, we seem stuck in some ridiculous LOOP.
I keep bouncing back and forth from USCIS in Atlanta and the National Visa Center in New Hamplshire. USCIS keeps telling me they have repeatedly sent our paperwork (including a visa cable- whatever the heck that is!) and the NVC repeatedly does thorough searches only to tell me - they have no record of our paperwork.
This has been going on for 4 months! I finally received a response from USCIS yesterday telling me to have the NVC contact them because the problem must be their jurisdiction.
I forwarded the email in hopes that the NVC will actually listen to me. What else can I do? A friend keeps telling me to get our state representative involved. Any suggestions?
I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!
In the meantime, our adoption is just on hold in Haiti. I haven't spoken to our director since my visit in December because I keep thinking at any time that things will get resolved and I can tell her she can get back to work on our file. I can only wonder at what she is thinking.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ugh. What a nightmare. I was expecting to hear any day that you had passports and visas. I am waiting for second legal. My file has been in country 22 months.
So frustrating!
Actually, Susan said, "So frustrating." She just said it on Sam's computer.
Post a Comment