I love, love, love to read. It's my way of relaxing. Many times in moments of stress, I think "if I could just find a few minutes to read..." Some books I enjoy so much I read them over and over.
One of my very favorites is a true story called The Family Nobody Wanted by Helen Doss. Its about a methodist minister and wife who adopted 12 interracial children over the course of 10 years during the 40's and 50's. They were infertile and that started them on an incredible journey.
Every time I read this I feel pangs of envy. They adopted a beautiful rainbow of children which was very unusual in those days. The process was so different from today- it's amazing. I am sure those waiting in the Haitian process could really appreciate how quickly these adoptions occurred.
I am sure this book is out of print but if you looked on Amazon or half.com you might be able to locate it. It is worth the effort.
Monday, May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm going to try to find it-sounds like a great book. Thanks for sharing. I wish we had the money and the patience (for the LONG process) to adopt 12.
Wow--sounds like a good read. I'm going to try and find it. Thanks for the recommendation!
Post a Comment