Thursday, May 29, 2008


I'm home! My sister decided to plan a girl's only trip to the Smoky Mnts. for my niece's graduation present. It was kind of "spur of the moment" and Lexi and I were invited. I hesitated but S encouraged me to go. I hated to leave him and the boys with the total responsibility of all the animals. I also didn't feel I had enough time to prepare the house and meals for my absence.

We had an awesome trip nevertheless. There was lots of silliness and laughter - no schedule, cleaning or cooking! We did lots of shopping downtown and in the outlets. The kids loved the pool- they swam in the evenings and had it all to themselves. The weather was perfect and the mountains beautiful as always. We enjoyed walking by the creek and looking for special rocks.
I love to go places but when it's time to go home I'm ready especially if my family is there.

I rarely go anywhere without S and I missed him (and the boys) terribly. I just don't feel complete without him. We spoke several times on the phone during the trip and then on the way home. I did not know it but he made plans to leave work early so he could get home and help the boys get the house in order. Before we left, Lexi and I cleaned thoroughly. S wanted to make sure everything was back in place. He knows how I love to come home to a neat house.

Upon walking into my beautiful clean house, I noticed a gorgeous spring bouquet of flowers and a card sitting on the counter. The card was so sweet I have to share it. On the outside: Without you around, I sleep just like a baby.... Inside: I wake up every hour and cry - Miss you. It was such a perfect card because we truly do not sleep well apart. The bed seems way too big and empty. We always tell each other - never again!


Like Dorothy says " There's no place like home!"

3 comments:

Not Betty Crocker said...

Aw, that is so sweet! I love the picture of you and your daughter. Sounds like a fun weekend.

Jenn said...

You have a good husband. Mine tries hard to tidy up but for the most part I think he just moves the dirt around....

Kathy Cassel said...

Sometimes you just need a break.