Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Doctor Appointment

Sophia Nephtalie went to the doctor yesterday. He was very pleased with how healthy she appeared. She is in the 95th percentile for height and 50 for weight. He said her bloated tummy was soft - which is good. Her belly button sticks out and the doctor thinks she may have a small umbilical hernia.

He encouraged me to feed her as many high protein foods that she would eat. That's not a problem since she loves meat, peanut butter and eggs. She says "ann manje poul!" which she means "lets eat eggs"(not chicken). She also loves bananas. She's eating at least 4 large ones a day and would eat more if I would give them to her.

This morning she ate a large banana, then I scrambled her 3 large eggs while making some homemade biscuits. When they were done she then ate 3 large biscuits with butter. She's a potty machine but after that huge breakfast she has been telling me she has to go every 10 minutes. When she gets there its a false alarm. I've decided her tummy must be hurting because of overeating. Meanwhile my hands are drying out from all the handwashing.

We are having to make adjustments with our homeschooling. Sophia Nephtalie has become quite used to being our entertainment. We're all guilty of laughing quite a bit at her. She is so mischevious!

We're contributing to some of her wild behavior, I think. When we started back to school on Monday, the boys sat down in the living room with their books. She ran around grabbing pencils and marking in the books and trying to rip pages out. Then she sang to the top of her lungs and danced. Needless to say, the boys are spending more time at the kitchen table with "the girls" keeping themselves in the living room.

Caleb walked through to his bedroom when he was accosted by Ms. Priss. She took him by the hands and walked him into Lexi's room. She told him he was in "prizon" and turned off the light and closed the door. A little while later, she held up a toy and said "pow pow!" She's a girly girl all the way but I can tell she's used to playing with the boys too.

More later...

3 comments:

junglemama said...

Love to read about the adventures of your family. Hope your little girl comes home soon.

Jodie said...

I'm so excited that your daughter is HOME!!!!! Praise God!!!!

Four bananas a day? Watch out for serious constipation!!!

Keep the updates coming!

Lisa said...

I am so happy for you all. I speak w/ Jill pretty often and she said that your little girl is just a doll! It sounds like she is doing really well and has a great sense of humor! Best to you all, can't wait to keep hearing how things go!
Lisa